Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Black and Mocha Cookies

While I still have a bunch of BnWs left to eat (I'm starting to regret buying them all at once...), I wanted to showcase a non-traditional version that I bought during my BnW taste test: a Black-and-Mocha from Nussbaum & Wu.

Eagle-eyed readers may have spotted this interloper in the lineup photo from the previous post. Eagle readers may tumble out of the sky at breakneck speeds in order to make love.


This cookie ($2.75, making it the most expensive, per cookie) had the same texture as its little BnW friend - a very thin cookie to a high icing ratio - but I liked the coffee icing more. I'm very fond of coffee-flavored desserts (but not of straight-up coffee), so eating the coffee-flavored shell of icing was my kind of sweet.

This was really good with a glass of milk. The caffeine content is unknown, though, so this may not be the best option to power any late-night paper-writing sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment